Wednesday, March 16, 2011

2009 New Orleans 5 and 6

Good morning! I’ve been showing you my 2009 New Orleans scrapbook pages this week. In case you’re wondering what happened to pages 3 and 4, those were the Swamp Tour pages I showed on Monday. Today’s pages are uniquely me. They explain why this trip was special to me. (I’m a huge Harry Connick Jr. fan, enough said!) And they’re just my fun take on the trip and city.

Again, I mostly used the Night And Day DSP. It’s the perfect black and white compliment to the architecture. And to get the most out of this DSP, I filled square punches with the DSP. Some punches are the full size of the 12x12 page. I love that scrollwork pattern in the black paper, and I wanted it in specific places on my pages. If I just used it as background paper, I can’t change it around – the top is the top and that’s it. But when I fill a punch with the paper, I can flip it in any direction I want. And when I wanted more scrollwork than a single piece had, I just added a smaller square punch and filled it with the exact portion of the paper I wanted. That’s how I got the scrollwork on adjacent corners. (It’s only on opposite corners in it’s original form.)

Come back tomorrow for my unique St. Patrick’s Day punch art page from this trip.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for stopping by!



Left Page Recipe: Stamps- Extreme Elements; Paper- Night and Day DSP, Woodland Walk DSP, Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze, Always Artichoke; Ink- Basic Black; Accessories- Square Punch, Circle Punch, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Stitching; Fonts- CK Jacque, CK Journaling

Right Page Recipe: Stamps- none; Paper- Night and Day DSP, Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze, Always Artichoke, More Mustard, Garden Green, Riding Hood Red; Ink- Basic Black; Accessories- Square Punch, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Stitching; Fonts- CK Journaling

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...