Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine Purses

Good morning!  Before we get started I want to let you know that I'm changing MDS Fridays to MDS Mondays.  This change will coincide with a new feature on the Utah Divas International blog.  Please check back Monday for more details.

Today I’ll show you the Valentine’s gifts I’m giving some of my coworkers. I love using the “Box in a Bag” technique to create treat bags. It’s so easy to make whatever shape and size you need by starting with a square or rectangle base. For Valentine’s Day, I thought purses would be fun for the ladies. So I used punches and ribbon to create these mini purse treat holders.

My “fabric” is the Love Letters DSP. The top and bottom “trim” is 1/2” strips of Pretty in Pink. My Satin Ribbon handles are held on with the Round Tab Punch. And I used the White Signo Gel Pen to add faux stitching. My purses are 3-1/2” long, 1-3/4” wide, and 3” high. See the complete tutorial HERE.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for stopping by!
















Card Recipe: Stamps- I {heart} Hearts; Paper- Love Letters DSP, Basic Gray, Pretty In Pink, Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla; Ink- Riding Hood Red; Accessories- 1-1/4” Circle Punch, Heart to Heart Punch, Satin Ribbon, Round Tab Punch, 1/16” Circle Punch, Sticky Strip, Hemp Twine, White Signo Gel Pen, Dimensionals, Velcro Tabs for the closure (non-SU!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...