Monday, July 25, 2011

MDS Monday #24 -- Punch Art Animal

Good morning, and welcome to UDI’s MDS Monday Challenge #24 – Punch Art Animal. My friend, Jeanne, had a beautiful baby girl on July 7th. And I’m using baby Kate’s first picture for this week’s page. I created my basic layout with colors and patterns from the Subtles color family. Once I was happy with the look, I added another page so I could create my punch art Teddy Bear in a larger size.

I started with Chocolate Chip Circle punches for the head and body. Then I added Chocolate Chip Wide Oval punches for the arms and feet. Once the basic shape was created, I added more details with smaller Pretty In Pink Circle punches and the Oval punch. I completed the Teddy Bear with Whisper White, Basic Black, and Rose Red Circles. Just like traditional punch art, you need to add shadows (for layering) in all the right spots to get that 3-D look. Oh, for a girlie Teddy Bear, I added a So Saffron Grosgrain Bow.

Finally, I used the “Select All” function to select everything on the page and used the “Group” function to turn my Teddy Bear into a single element. I copied the Teddy Bear, pasted it on my original page, and resized the Teddy Bear to the correct proportion for my photo. I’m very pleased with how the page turned out. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Now it’s time to check out the other inspiring creations from the Design Team members at Utah Diva’s International.



MDS Page Recipe: Stamps- none; Paper- Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Basic Black, Pretty In Pink, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue Textile DSP, So Saffron Large Polka Dot DSP, Pretty In Pink Dotted Stripe DSP, Certainly Celery Blooms DSP; Ink- Chocolate Chip; Accessories- Square Punch, Circle Punch, Wide Oval Punch, Oval Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Grosgrain Ribbon, Rose Red Shadow (for the rosey cheeks); Fonts- CK Ali’s Hand

1 comment:

Tonya said...

I love your punch art teddy bear! Your page looks great! Thanks for sharing how you created your bear on another page and then resized it. Great idea. I will have to try that next time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...