Friday, December 2, 2011

Vintagey Christmas Stocking Card

Good morning! Here’s a special Christmas Card for someone on your list who likes “vintage” stuff. The Vintage style is very much outside my comfort zone, but it’s really “in” right now. And with a few Stampin’ Up! products even I can make a card with that vintage feel.

I started with a color combination of Real Red, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, and Old Olive. They’re all more muted colors with that “aged” feel. I ran one piece of Very Vanilla through the Big Shot with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder. (An obvious choice, huh?) Then I sponged the embossed piece with Crumb Cake ink to highlight the embossed impression and add another layer of color. Next I ran a piece of Old Olive through the Big Shot with the new Oval Designer Frame embossing folder. And keeping with that vintage feel, I just tore around the oval impression.

I finished my card with the Stitched Stocking stamp and Stocking Builder punch. This is my absolute favorite stamp set and tool for this year’s Christmas Cards. I love all the different looks I can get by either stamping and punching the images or simply punching DSP. (My favorite is accenting with the Silver Glimmer Paper, but that didn’t fit with this card. I’ll be showing those samples next week!)

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you get time to work on your Christmas projects this weekend.

Card Recipe: Stamps- Stitched Stockings, Petite Pairs; Paper- Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Real Red, Old Olive; Ink- Crumb Cake, Real Red; Accessories- Stocking Builder Punch, 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon, Vintage Wallpaper EF, Designer Frames EF (oval), Stampin’ Dimensionals

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...