Tuesday, December 6, 2011

MDS Easel Calendar Christmas Gift

Good morning! Today’s post is about my Christmas Gift for my 7yo niece. Like a lot of kids, Abby’s fascinated with pictures of herself. Last year, my mom’s Christmas gift was a personalized MDS Calendar. And I think Abby was even more thrilled with it than my mom was. She excitedly screamed, “Grandma, it’s got pictures of me!” Then she looked at me and said, “I want one.” Oops, too late, I’d already gotten her something else.

But this year, Abby gets her very own calendar. I chose the 10x5 Easel Calendar that can sit on her dresser. I think this is a fantastic solution because you get the calendar all year long. And when the year is over, you can turn it around and use the back side pages. I completed those pages just like scrapbook pages. Now, Abby will have a mini 2011 scrapbook album to keep and display long after the calendar is useful.

I completed this whole calendar (all 25 pages with the cover) in approximately 4-5 hours. And that includes adding all the birthdays and holidays to the calendar grid. I kept the actual calendar pages really simple, just a picture and coordinating colors. Then I used clean and simple layouts for the “scrapbook pages”, plus they’re barely bigger than a card so you can’t get too elaborate.

It’s not too late for you to create your own personalized calendars in MDS. You have a few more days to place your order and receive it in time for Christmas. Please let me know if you need any help or have any questions.

Thanks for stopping by!





MDS Calendar Recipes include:  Stamps- Hip and Handsome Overlays, Wishes and Greetings, Sporting; Paper- Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, More Mustard Large Polka Dot, Celebrations DSP, Night and Day DSP, Elegant Soiree DSP, Bravo Burgundy, Pacific Point, Frostwood Lodge DSP, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Garden Green, Soft Suede; Ink- Bravo Burgundy, Basic Black, Whisper White; Accessories- Square Punch, Circle Punch, Flag Punch, Simple Stitches and Corners, Bakers Twine, Neutrals Buttons, Brads, Ornament Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Simple Letters Punch, Downtown Grunge Frames, Basic Jewels, Decorative Label Punch, Modern Label Punch

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...