Monday, January 23, 2012

MDS Monday Challenge -- Featuring Hearts

Good morning, and welcome to UDI’s MDS Monday Challenge. This week our challenge was to create a project using hearts in honor of Valentine’s Day. Last year, I needed a new MasterCard for an international vacation, and I wanted to use a picture of my dogs. That meant a photo session with my puppies. And I actually got a picture I love.

I chose to create a page featuring that picture of my dogs. I’m re-doing my home décor and this page is perfect to put in an 8x10 frame and display on my new shelves. I’m really focusing on creating scrapbook pages that I can frame (in all sizes) and display or hang on the walls. It’s feels great to look at these treasured memories. (I much prefer that over posed studio portraits-- Just my personal preference.)

This page came together quickly using the Twitterpated Kit download. I love the papers, stamps, and embellishments that come with this kit. For this page, I combined the Twitterpated Papers with some older downloads. I started with a Crumb Cake base. Then stamped with Baroque Motifs in Sahara Sand for a watermark look to the page. I added some heart punches and embellished them. Next, I wanted to mimic the outline heart from “I {heart} Hearts”, so I punched the Full Heart and enlarged it. Then I added small circle punches to create the outline and deleted the original punch. Finally, I added some Twitterpated DSP and more embellishments. (*** I have a white strip along the left edge to mark where my design needs to end for the 8x10 frame.)

Now it’s time to check out the other inspiring creations from the Design Team members at Utah Diva’s International. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for stopping by!


MDS Page Recipe: Stamps- Baroque Motifs; Paper- Twitterpated DSP, Kraft (crumb cake) Textured CS, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red; Ink- Sahara Sand, Basic Black; Accessories- Square Punch, Flag Punch, Circle Punch, Twitterpated Embellishments (button), Basic Jewels, Bakers Twine, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Full Heart Punch, Heart To Heart Punch; Fonts= Pea Bitt Bitt, CK Journaling

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...