Monday, September 5, 2011

MDS Monday #30 -- Labor Day

Good morning, and welcome to UDI’s MDS Monday Challenge #30 – Labor Day. I created another page that I’ll use for my 2012 Calendar. I chose pictures of my niece and nephew swimming. (Work with me, it’s what people do on Labor Day weekend.) Anyway, I wanted a fun summery page for my calendar, and this worked.

I used bright colors like Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Real Red, and Pacific Point. Once I had my paper layers and pictures down, I added the Extreme Elements “splat” stamp to mimic splashing water. Then I struggled with my title. I knew I wanted to use Flag Punches for “Summer Fun”, but I couldn’t figure out how to complete the Scallop Circle element. I finally settled on the dotted circle stamp from Enjoy Every Moment, the Tall Heart Punch, and a Ribbon Knot. It pulled all my colors into the Title, and I’m happy with it.

Now it’s time to check out the other inspiring creations from the Design Team members at Utah Diva’s International.


MDS Page Recipe: Stamps- Extreme Elements, Enjoy Every Moment; Paper- Whisper White Textured CS, Sahara Sand, Melon Mambo Textured CS, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight Polka Dot DSP, Real Red Textured CS; Ink- Basic Black, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Real Red; Accessories- Square Punch, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Celebrations Kit Elements, Grosgrain Ribbon, Heart Punch, Flag Punch; Fonts- Pea Gretchie, CK Journaling

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...