Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Stamp Club Punched Frame Card

Good morning! I always check out other Stampin’ Up demonstrators’ blogs to see what they’re creating. I often find a wealth of inspiration -- not only creative inspiration but spiritual inspiration. One of these demonstrators is LeeAnn Greff of Flowerbug’s Inkspot. LeeAnn lives in North Dakota where her home was destroyed by floodwaters earlier this summer. Yet, she continues to be upbeat and positive … AND she continues to share amazing tips and tricks on her blog. I used a couple of LeeAnn’s punching tricks for Stamp Club cards this month.

For this card, I used the Decorative Label punch to create the Soft Suede frame on top of the Very Vanilla layer. I started with a 4-3/4” square piece of Soft Suede. I inserted that all the way into the punch with the punch centered from left to right. Then punched the label out. Repeat this on all four sides until you have a unique, curvy frame. I finished the frame by trimming 1/2” from all four sides to get my desired size.

I stamped the background doily with Crumb Cake. Then I inked the top doily with Soft Suede and used my Cherry Cobbler marker to color the thicker straight lines. I punched out that image and popped it up with Dimensionals. The rest of the card is pretty basic.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for stopping by!


Card Recipe: Stamps- Delicate Doilies; Paper- Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla; Ink- Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler marker; Accessories- Decorative Label Punch, 1-3/4” Circle Punch, Vintage Wallpaper EF, Victoria Crochet Trim, Dimensionals

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...