Monday, August 22, 2011

MDS Monday #28 -- Using Ribbon

Good morning, and welcome to UDI’s MDS Monday Challenge #28 – Using Ribbon. I decided to make a card for this week’s challenge. And I’ve got to tell you, this is NOT the card I started out to make. I had a couple ideas in mind for using the Ribbon in various ways. But as I created my card, it went in a completely different direction. Does that ever happen to you? You have something in mind. Then as you begin stamping (digitally or traditionally), your creation takes on a life of it’s own. It happens to me all the time! Sometimes I like it and sometimes I don’t. In this case, I love this card. And although the ribbon’s use isn’t unique, it is a striking feature on the card and is the finishing touch to balance the card design.

I started with a Crumb Cake background and added a Very Vanilla layer. Then to tone down the Very Vanilla, I added a Soft Suede Vintage Overlay and resized it to fit my Vanilla piece. I added a Pretty In Pink piece and layered it with the Eyelet Border Punch. I stamped that with the Words, from Strength and Hope, in Soft Suede and adjusted the Opacity to make it look “stamped-off”.

Next, I stamped the Vintage Vogue leaf swirls in Old Olive a couple times. I stamped the Vintage Vogue flowers in Pretty In pink, added Real Red circles for the centers, and finished the flowers with Basic Pearls. I then had the perfect place to stamp the Hope “H” in Soft Suede. I finished my card with the Red Satin Ribbon and Ribbon Knot to balance the other strong elements (the H and the flowers).


Now it’s time to check out the other inspiring creations from the Design Team members at Utah Diva’s International.

MDS Page Recipe: Stamps- Strength and Hope, Vintage Vogue, Vintage Overlays; Paper- Kraft (Crumb Cake) Textured CS, Very Vanilla, Pretty In Pink, Real Red Textured CS; Ink- Soft Suede, Pretty In Pink, Old Olive; Accessories- Square Punch, Eyelet Border Punch, Circle Punch, Basic Jewels – Pearls; Satin Ribbon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...