Monday, August 15, 2011

MDS Monday #27 -- Layers and More Layers

Good morning, and welcome to UDI’s MDS Monday Challenge #27 – Layers and More Layers. I wanted to use a Sneak Peak from the upcoming Holiday Mini Catalog for my scrapbook page. This page features the new Frostwood Lodge DSP that will be available as traditional DSP and as a Download on September 1st. This paper is beautiful; I just love plaids. Now let’s discuss what I did with the paper.

This challenge is outside my comfort zone. I like doing clean and simple scrapbook pages with maybe a few layers. But I needed to use LOTS of layers on this project. And my inspiration came from an idea in the Holiday Mini catalog. I like how the sample use so many different layers of paper and embellishment, yet the picture is still the main focus of the page.

I chose a picture of my dogs wearing their Christmas Collars – Red and White with Jingle Bells. I added lots of square punches filled with different Frostwood Lodge papers. Then I used the Simple Letters Punch for my “joy” title. And I started going through my stamps looking for what would work. I chose a couple different ones from the Wishes & Greetings stamp set. I added the snowflake from Best Wishes & More. Finally, I finished with more layers of paper, buttons, and brads, and a little stitching. I didn’t add as many embellishments as the sample page since I thought my paper patterns were stronger.

The only tricky thing was creating my Ornament. I layered the ornament stamp on the ornament punch. But the original greeting is “Wishing You Christmas Cheer”. I used a piece of Whisper White DSP to cover up the words “Wishing You”. And replaced it with a text box and the words “Filled With”. I thought that matched my picture better. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Now it’s time to check out the other inspiring creations from the Design Team members at Utah Diva’s International.


MDS Page Recipe: Stamps- Best Wishes & More, Wishes & Greetings; Paper- Frostwood Lodge DSP, Cherry Cobbler Textured CS, Early Espresso CS, Whisper White Textured CS, Marina Mist Textured CS, Garden Green, Marina Mist, Whisper White; Ink- Cherry Cobbler, Early Espress, Whisper White; Accessories- Square Punch, Ornament Punch, Buttons – Neutrals and Subtles, Hodgepodge Hardware, Glimmer Brads, Brads, Simples Stitches & Corners, Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Simple Letters Punch, Dotted Scallop Punch, Flag Punch; Fonts- CK Journaling

1 comment:

Traci Davis said...

Wow Gwen, this page is beautiful. You may have been out of your comfort zone but you ROCKED this page! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...