Monday, June 20, 2011

MDS Monday #19 -- Honoring Fathers

Good morning, and welcome to UDI’s MDS Monday Challenge #19 – Honoring Fathers! My scrapbook page features my dad. This is the first Heritage page I’ve done. Wow, they’re not easy. It’s hard to get the right look and feel for these old pictures. This is another reason I think MDS is so great. I can create pages. Then as my style improves, I can go back and tweak my pages before I send them to be printed.

I’ve seen this picture throughout my life. My mom always has it in her billfold, except when I talk her into letting me borrow it so I can have it scanned. As my parents are getting older, I want to get more of their memories down in writing. My dad loves to talk about his life. Ok, my dad loves to talk, PERIOD :-)   But if you get him telling stories, he gets on a roll. My mom and I have learned some very interesting tidbits lately. My dad is absolutely the family clown and prankster. But we keep learning that he pulled more pranks and got into more trouble than we ever knew.

I want to say “Thank You” to my friend, Alice, for scanning some pictures for me. They came out better than I expected. I’ll have to scrap my parents wedding pictures and tell about their very interesting courtship.

Now it’s time to check out the other inspiring creations from the Design Team members at Utah Diva’s International.


MDS Page Recipe: Stamps- Vintage Overlays, Sentimental Journey; Paper- Basic Gray Textured CS, Kraft (Crumb Cake) Textured CS, Whisper White; Ink- Basic Black, Soft Suede; Accessories- Square Punch, Antique Brads; Fonts- CK Ali’s Hand, Veteran Typewriter

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...