Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fabulous Florets Birthday for a friend

Good morning! Today, I’d like to share a birthday card I made for a friend. I knew I wanted to use bright colors and flowers. So I chose the Fabulous Florets stamp set. And I tried watercoloring my flowers. (I still need a lot of practice; this was my first time using the Aquapainter!)

I used Versamark and Real Red classic ink to stamp the flower outlines. Then I embossed with Clear Embossing Powder. Next, I started coloring the centers with Daffodil Delight. But that was completely covered up with my Melon Mambo ink. So I added some Real Red ink to tone that down. I think my biggest mistake was getting my paper too wet. Like I said, I’ll have to practice this more.

Since my flowers have a faded, vintagey look to them, I distressed the edge of my Striped DSP and added some Victoria Lace. I finished it by slightly distressing and sponging my Birthday greeting.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for stopping by!



Card Recipe: Stamps- Fabulous Florets, God’s Blessings, Bring On The Cake (inside greeting); Paper- Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Neutrals Patterns DSP Stack, Very Vanilla; Ink- Crumb Cake, Versamark, Real Red, Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight (although you probably can’t tell it); Accessories- Clear Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Victoria Lace, Perfect Polka Dots EF, Sponges, Top Note Die, Dimensionals

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...