Monday, June 13, 2011

MDS Monday #18 -- Grandpa!

Good morning, and welcome to UDI’s MDS Monday Challenge #18 – Grandpa! My scrapbook page features my dad and my nephew, Aaron. My dad is a die-hard Texas Longhorns fan. My brother went to UT for a year and hated it. After that. Alan and I both graduated from a Texas A&M school (Tarleton State University). I’m sure you can imagine some heated debates and rivalries in my family! My niece and nephew are often caught in the middle, showing the “Gig ‘em” or “Hook ‘em Horns” signs. So far, my dad’s winning with Aaron :-)

I’m often asked where I get my ideas, and that’s a hard question to answer. I rarely copy a complete Card or Scrapbook page. It does happen, and I always try to give credit to the original artwork I saw. Usually though, I see an element somewhere (on a card, scrapbook page, commercial, magazine ad, etc) that I think is interesting. From there, I build my project.

Today, I was inspired by a couple cards in the new Idea Book and Catalog. I loved the card’s layout in the upper left corner on page 104. Then I liked the look of stacking Baroque Motifs’ square medallion shown in the upper left corner on page 146. I added the vertical stripe stamp from the Hip and Handsome Overlays, and you can see how my page came together.

Now it’s time to check out the other inspiring creations from the Design Team members at Utah Diva’s International.


MDS Page Recipe: Stamps- Baroque Motifs, Hip and Handsome Overlays; Paper- Basic Gray Textured CS, Baja Breeze Textured CS, Soft Suede Textured CS, Very Vanilla Textured CS, Kraft (Crumb Cake) Textured CS, Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, Basic Black Textured CS; Ink- Basic Black, Basic Gray, Soft Suede; Accessories- Square Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Circle Punch, Hodgepodge Hardware; Fonts- CK Journaling

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...