Monday, June 6, 2011

MDS Monday #17 -- Masculine Birthday Card

Good morning, and welcome to UDI’s MDS Monday Challenge #17 – Masculine Birthday Cards. I used the Sail Away stamp from the current Summer Mini Catalog for my card. I also used the coordinating Nautical Expedition DSP. I purchased these products as downloads instead of traditional stamps and paper since they’ll work for my vacation scrapbooking. I love the flexibility this gives me -- I can create 100% MDS projects or create Hybrid MDS projects by printing out the stamp and/or paper. I’ll be showing more of that in the future.

Back to this project: I just added several square punches and resized them for my card. One is filled with Nautical DSP. Another is filled with Whisper White Textured CS for my focal image. And the last is filled with Not Quite Navy Textured CS for my greeting. The rest is pretty straight forward. The most important thing in MDS is setting your Shadows, You want to make sure the shadow is different for all the pieces so it looks more realistic. The shadow should be more prominent as you add more layers to the card. I also added the Textured stamp and resized it to match my greeting layer. This is one way of adding a little sponging in MDS.

Now it’s time to check out the other inspiring creations from the Design Team members at Utah Diva’s International.


MDS Card Recipe: Stamps- Sail Away, Fundamental Phrases, Textured; Paper- Basic Gray Textured CS, Whisper White Textured CS, Not Quite Navy Textured CS, Nautical Expedition DSP; Ink- Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler; Accessories- Square Punch, Bakers Twine, Antique Brads, Brads; Fonts- none

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...