Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sympathy Card

Today’s card is the kind we don’t like to make, but might be the most important. I needed a sympathy card for one of my best friends. I chose to make one featuring her favorite flower and favorite colors, hoping it will express all the things that I don’t have the words to say. (Wow, I expect a lot from a card, don’t I?!)

I chose the Fifth Avenue Floral set because of the beautiful Lily, Janet’s favorite flower. Then I decided to copy the sample card in the Idea Book & Catalog, pg 122. I changed the colors to a mix of greens, light pinks, and soft neutrals. I even pulled some retired Handsome Hunter from my stash since it’s Janet’s favorite color. All the flowers and words are stamped with Chocolate Chip ink.

The Rose is stamped on Pretty In Pink paper, and I needed to add some shading. I tried the Pretty In Pink marker, but it was too dark. Next I tried using a Blender Pen, but when it dried, it was too light. So I sponged some Pretty In Pink ink on top of the Blender Pen.

The Lily is stamped on Pink Pirouette paper. I colored the stamens with a Bravo Burgundy marker. Then I sponged Bravo Burgundy ink in the Lily’s center. I love how the Lilies turned out. The other flower is stamped on Very Vanilla, and I sponged a little Pretty In Pink ink on the flower.

I used the same layout for the card’s inside with a single Lily and strip of ribbon for embellishment.

You’ll notice I also used the Manhattan Flower embossing folder. Although, you don’t see very much of the design on the card’s front, I really like the impact on the inside.


Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for stopping by!

Card Recipe: Stamps- Fifth Avenue Floral, Occasional Quotes, God’s Blessings; Paper- Handsome Hunter (retired), Certainly Celery, Pretty In Pink, Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake; Ink- Chocolate Chip, Pretty In Pink, Bravo Burgundy (marker and ink); Accessories- Manhattan Flower EF, Scallop Trim Border Punch, 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Blender Pen, Stampin’ Sponges, Dimensionals

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...