Monday, March 7, 2011

MDS Monday #4 -- Using Punches

Good morning, and welcome to UDI’s MDS Monday Challenge #4 -- using Punches. I use punches in MDS all the time, for all kinds of things. Here’s a list of the punches I used on these pages:
  • Tag Punch to start forming my “growing” tag
  • Scallop Oval Punch where the ribbon is added on the tag
  • Square Punch to make my tag longer. If you try stretching the Tag Punch, it gets mis-shapen. So I added a square punch (turned into a rectangle shape) to get the length I needed.
  • Another Square Punch, turned on an angle, gives my tag the fish tail end by “erasing” the straight bottom of my tag
  • Circle Punches to give dimension to my Circle Circus stamps
  • Square punches (turned into rectangles) were used for all my Solid and DSP paper pieces. I prefer to use punches instead of “page layers” for my DSP, no matter what size it is.
  • Scallop Edge Border punch for an accent on the right page
And this is just the beginning of all the punches available with My Digital Studio! Now, go to Uttah Diva’s International to see what punches the other Design Team members used.

 

Page recipe: Stamps- Circle Circus; Paper- Rose Red Large Polka Dot DSP, Kraft Textured CS, Baja Breeze Striped DSP, Baja Breeze, Bashful Blue, Perfect Plum, Rose Red, Early Espresso, Marnia Mist, Wild Wasabi; Ink- Whisper White, Marina Mist, Early Espresso, Perfect Plum; Accessories- Tag Punch, Square Punch, Circle Punch, Oval Punch, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Whisper White Brads, Stitching, Grosgrain Ribbon Knot; Fonts- CK Diva, CK Journaling

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...