Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Another Use for Clear Blocks

Good morning! Today’s card uses the Clear Blocks in a different way. I’ve seen this everywhere lately, using your clear blocks to add a background affect to your focal piece. It reminds me of the “shadow stamps” that were popular a few years ago. Now you can get a similar look without purchasing a separate stamp.

I inked up my Clear Block just like I would any other stamp. Then I stamped it directly to my Very Vanilla piece. I noticed if I held the block to the Very Vanilla for a couple seconds that I got a more even distribution of ink. But if I stamped it, then immediately lifted the block, I got a more “hit or miss” image. I wanted even background coverage since my leaf stamp isn’t a solid stamp.

Play around with this technique and see what you like best with different focal stamps. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for stopping by!


Card Recipe: Stamps- On Your Birthday; Paper- Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, ; Ink- Certainly Celery, Always Artichoke; Accessories- Clear Block C, Hemp Twine, Antique Brads, Dimensionals

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...