Monday, February 13, 2012

MDS Monday Challenge -- Valentine Project

Good morning, and welcome to UDI’s MDS Monday Challenge. This week our challenge was to create a Valentine project. I’ve already made all my Valentine cards, and I wanted to try something different. I needed a new subject, say hello to Chelsea. This is my BFF Janet’s 5-month old daughter Chelsea Grace. I asked Janet if she had a recent picture of Chelsea. And Janet took the time to play dress-up with her daughter and take Chelsea’s picture in her Valentine outfit – perfect for me!  (Thanks Janet !!!)

Now about my project: I saw this quote and picture idea somewhere on the internet and I thought it’d be perfect for a little girl's picture. First, I sized my picture just larger than 5x7. Then I added some swirl stamps from Baroque Motifs and Elements of Style. Next, I started working on the quote. It’s just a bunch of text blocks arranged to fit the picture. Finally, I added a couple Vintage Overlays to soften the edges of the photo. And that’s it. The picture’s ready to print and put in a 5x7 frame.

In case the image is hard to read, the quote says, "For Beautiful eyes, look for the GOOD in others; for Beautiful lips, speak only words of KINDNESS; and for Poise, walk with the knowledge that you are NEVER ALONE. -- Audrey Hepburn."

Now it’s time to check out the other inspiring creations from the Design Team members at Utah Diva’s International. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for stopping by!

MDS Page Recipe: Stamps- Baroque Motifs, Elements of Style; Paper- none; Ink- Whisper White; Accessories- none; Fonts= Arial, AR Decode, Juice ITC

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...