Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Wreath Door card

Good morning! As I mentioned yesterday, this week I’m focusing on those “special” cards for the special people on your Christmas Card list. First, let me start by saying this card is EASY to make, but it does take a while with all that cutting and sponging. But this is also a card that could easily be mass-produced. You just need to cut all the pieces at once … then sit down to watch TV while you do all that sponging :-)

I’ve seen lots of these “door” cards. And I wanted mine to resemble the raised panel doors on older homes. My inside “panels” are cut 1/8” smaller than the outside panel. I did sponge all the pieces to add more depth and dimension to the card. I used my tape runner to attach the inside panel to the outside panel. I added a Silver Brad for a “door knob”. Then I attached the panels to the “door” with Stampin’ Dimensionals.

I created the “wreath” by first punching out the center with a 1-1/8” Circle Punch. Next, I used the XL Scallop Circle Punch. Then I used the Holly stamp from the Bells and Boughs stamp set to add some leaves to the wreath. And every wreath needs some glitter, right? So I added tiny circle punches of Red Glimmer Paper to mimic ornaments. (I used the Build A Cupcake punch on some tiny scraps of the Glimmer paper.) Finally, I added a bow and the Merry Christmas stamp from the Come To Bethlehem stamp set.

Thanks for stopping by, and please let me know if you have any questions.


Card Recipe: Stamps- Bells and Boughs, Come To Bethlehem; Paper- Real Red, Whisper White, Old Olive; Ink- Garden Green, Real Red, Red Glimmer Paper; Accessories- 1-1/8” Circle Punch, 2-3/8” Scallop Circle Punch, 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon, Build A Cupcake Punch, Silver Brad, Stampin’ Dimensionals

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...