Wednesday, November 23, 2011

CCMC176, Quilted Spice Cake DSP

Good morning! Only one more day until Thanksgiving, are you ready? I’ve started my cooking and prep work. I’m trying 2 new desserts this year, and I’m anxious to see how they turn out. Now the real question: Are you ready for the Shopping Season that’s only 2 days away?! Don’t forget you can get a head start with the Stampin’ Up Online Extravaganza running now through Nov 30th. CLICK HERE for complete details.

When I saw the Create with Connie and Mary CCMC176 Sketch Challenge, I immediately thought of quilts and the Spice Cake DSP. My Grandma has made all kinds of handmade quilts, from the embroidered quilt tops to the pieced quilt designs. The pieced quilts have always been my favorite and that’s what this sketch resembled to me.

I started with a Soft Suede rectangle and added 3 patterns from the Spice Cake DSP. Then I ran the whole thing through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice EF. That gave a faux quilted fabric look to my panel. I thought the upper left corner needed something, so I stamped the Day Of Gratitude medallion with VersaMark ink just to give a light impression. I stamped the Day Of Gratitude leaves with Pool Party and Soft Suede, cut them out, and popped them up with dimensionals. I finished with a “flagged” greeting and a mini silver brad.

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Card Recipe: Stamps- Day Of Gratitude, Just Believe; Paper- River Rock, Soft Suede, Spice Cake DSP, Very Vanilla; Ink- VersaMark, Pool Party, Soft Suede; Accessories- Mini Silver Brad, Square Lattice EF, Stampin’ Dimensionals

6 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

Love the quilted effect of this dsp with the square lattice EF. Great mix of patterns and I adore the sublt background stamping! Thank you for joining us at CCMC!

Deb said...

Lovely card! And perfect for the time of year!! Love the leaves cut out and the texture!! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

The spice cake dsp is just sooo wonderful and I love how you gave it the quilted look! Thanks for joining us this week for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Wonderful fall card and love all the texture! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Debbie Henderson said...

Love the embossed layer and the hand-cut leaves. So cute! Thanks for joining us at CCMC!

Lisa Martz said...

You just can't go wrong with the Spice Cake DSP! Perfect for any card! The cut out leaves are perfect on the papers. Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...