Friday, September 9, 2011

Vintage Hello Doily

TGIF! The past couple of months have been have birthday months for me. Here’s another card I made for one of my Stamp Club ladies. She loves the Black and White color scheme. Well, I branched out and used Vanilla instead of white. Then I added some Riding Hood Red for that pop of color you need on a birthday card. I also thought the color scheme was perfect for the Hello Doily stamp.

Vintage is NOT my normal style. I love to look at vintage designs, but they’re hard for me to re-create because it’s so opposite of my minimalist, clean and simple style. I really tried to find that happy balance on this card.

I started by stamping the Hello Doily stamp with VersaMark on Crumb Cake cardstock and heat embossing it with Black embossing powder. Then I sponged Crumb Cake ink around the image to give some dimension. Next, I added some frayed Riding Hood Red striped ribbon across my panel. Then I crumpled and sponged a torn piece of First Edition DSP. (I LOVE this paper, it’s great with any style!)

For my focal piece, I very lightly stamped the words from Charming on a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock with Crumb Cake ink. Then I used the Crumb Cake ink to stamp the frame from Charming. And finally, I stamped the flower with Riding Hood Red ink. I punched that out with the Decorative Label Punch and popped it up with Dimensionals. I finished with a piece of Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon and a Glimmer Brad.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Have a great weekend!


Card Recipe: Stamps- Hello Doily, Charming; Paper- Crumb Cake, First Edition DSP, Very Vanilla; Ink- VersaMark, Crumb Cake, Riding Hood Red; Accessories- Black Embossing Powder, Glimmer Brad, Satin Ribbon, Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Decorative Label Punch, Dimensionals

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...