Monday, July 4, 2011

MDS Monday #21 -- The 4th of July

Good morning, and welcome to UDI’s MDS Monday Challenge #21 – The 4th of July! I know you’re expecting the traditional “fireworks” page. But that just wasn’t what I was inspired to create. You see, my Papaw passed away on July 4th when I was a child. And that had a huge impact on my family. So my page is a tribute to what and who I think of when I remember the 4th of July.

This is really a very simple page. I started with the Night and Day DSP and added a Crumb Cake layer for my journaling. And I finished it with a few brads The only trick I used was to add my background layer as a punch. This way, I could flip my DSP so the design is where I wanted it. Take a look at the my finished page and compare it to the original DSP and you’ll see what I mean.

Now it’s time to check out the other inspiring creations from the Design Team members at Utah Diva’s International.

My finished Page with the swirl design in the right places

















The original DSP with the swirl design in the wrong places














MDS Page Recipe: Stamps- none; Paper- Night and Day DSP, Kraft (Crumb Cake) Textured CS; Ink- Basic Black; Accessories- Square Punch, Whisper White Brads; Fonts- CK Ali’s Hand, CK Journaling

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...