Thursday, June 30, 2011

Lovely As A Tree, get well card

Good morning!  I showed you a “sponged” background on the Sail Away card the other day. Then I saw THIS CARD on Niki’s blog. I have done similar cards with all the stamps in Lovely As A Tree. But Nikki, mentioned that she used glossy cardstock. Well, I need a masculine get well card. So, I thought I’d give it a try and see what the difference is.

First, you need to use StazOn ink on the glossy cardstock so the ink won’t smear. And unlike, normal cardstock, the ink stays on top of the glossy cardstock, leaving a raised impression. It’s quite subtle, and I think it’s very elegant looking. Yet I didn’t like it for sponging. Yes, the sponges glide more on the glossy cardstock, but the raised ink “catches” on the sponges. In my opinion, it resulted in more of a skipping motion as I swept across the paper with the sponge. On the other hand, the ink “spreads” more evenly when I sponged on glossy cardstock.

Here are the two sponged cards I’ve done recently, which do you prefer? Thanks for stopping by!
 
Glossy cardstock
Whisper White Cardstock, click here for details on this card




















Card Recipe: Stamps- Lovely As A Tree, Teeny Tiny Wishes; Paper- Whisper White, Glossy White; Ink- Marina Mist, Perfect Plum, Wild Wasabi, Black StazOn; Accessories- Sponges, Stamp-a-ma-jig

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...