Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Rocky Mountain Driving, part 2

Good morning! Today I’m showing you the next 2 pages from my Rocky Mountain National Park trip. The gorgeous view from the top of Fall River Pass and the Alpine Visitors Center. I know the trend right now is to only scrapbook 1 or 2 of your main photos. This will help you stay caught up with your scrapbooking. I just haven’t followed that trend.

When I go someplace new, I tend to take a ton of pictures. I do weed out the “bad shots” and duplicates. Then I can’t narrow it down further. I really want to have all the different scenery pictures to remember everything I saw. It was a different view each way I turned. Therefore, I often struggle with my photo layout – how to get so many pictures on a page and have it still look good. And I struggled with these 2 pages.

I usually find one element that inspires me. Then I build the rest of the page around that. In this case, I liked the placement of a main photo and the Curly Label Punch with my titles. Once I got that arranged, I had room for my journaling and 7 other photos.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for stopping by!



Left Page Recipe: Stamps- none; Paper- Basic Gray Textured CS, Bashful Blue Textured CS, Marina Mist Polka Dot DSP, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Night and Day DSP, Marina Mist; Ink- Basic Black; Accessories- Square Punch, Antique Brads, Tasteful Trim 2 Punch, Curly Label Punch, Oval Punch; Fonts- CK Ali’s Hand, Juice ITC

Right Page Recipe: Stamps- none; Paper- Basic Gray Textured CS, Bashful Blue Textured CS, Marina Mist Polka Dot DSP, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Night and Day DSP, Marina Mist, Whisper White Textured CS; Ink- Basic Black; Accessories- Square Punch, Antique Brads, Tasteful Trim 2 Punch, Curly Label Punch, Oval Punch; Fonts- CK Journaling, Juice ITC

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...