Monday, May 30, 2011

MDS Monday #16 -- Red/White/Blue, Memorial Day

Hello! I hope everyone is having a good Memorial Day. UDI’s MDS Monday Challenge #16 is “Red, White, and Blue” in honor of Memorial Day. I chose pictures taken from a cruise ship leaving New York Harbor. The skyline picture is a panoramic picture that’s a little over 8” wide. I copied and pasted the picture so the 2nd photobox would line up along the right edge. Then I placed the Statue of Liberty picture to cover where the skyline pictures overlapped. It makes it look like one continuous picture across the page. I also changed the shadow on the Statue of Liberty picture to Whisper White, so it looks like the picture is glowing.

Next I used stamps from the July Fourth stamp brush set. I really like that I can change the size of the stamps in MDS. That makes them much more versatile. And gives more dimension to my Fireworks over the New York Harbor.

I finished my page by creating a Red, White, and Blue “ribbon” (using square punches and Textured CS) to balance the bottom of the page. Now it’s time to check out the other inspiring creations from the Design Team members at Utah Diva’s International.


Page Recipe: Stamps- July Fourth; Paper- Night Of Navy Textured CS, Whisper White Textured CS, Real Red Textured CS, Real Red; Ink- Real Red, Marina Mist, Whisper White; Accessories- Square Punch; Fonts- Juice, CK Ali’s Hand

1 comment:

RuthieB said...

Wow!!!! I love the ribbon you created!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...