Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Easter !

Today I’m showing you the Easter Treats I’m giving my best friends, Alice and Janet. You’ll also see the masculine “mostly undecorated” one for Janet’s husband, Tyler. I found these great stainless buckets in the Target Dollar Spot. I thought they’d make great Easter “baskets”. Well, I’ve already decorated buckets, boxes, and other containers for my friends. So, I wanted to do something different. Then I was inspired by all the paper flowers I’ve seen on various blogs. I decided to make an Easter Bouquet. I didn’t really have any specific flowers in mind since I don’t have any of the Sizzix Flower Dies – YET. I just grabbed my punches are started forming flowers.



The tallest flower is one of the “fan fold” flowers. I started with a two 1-1/2” x 6” strips of the In Color DSP. I punched the strips with the Scallop Trim Border Punch and folded each scallop. Then you connect all the ends together, forming a circle, and adhere that to a punched circle. I added a Big Designer Button to the front.

The next tallest flower is made with the XL Scallop Circle. I cut slits between all the scallops to make “petals” and formed them into a more natural looking curve. The inner petals are from the Modern Label Punch. I finished the front off with a 3/4” circle and Rhinestone brad.

The shorter flowers are from the Flower Fusion die and the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch pack.

Then I saw this Punch Art Bunny on Lyssa Griffin Zwolanek’s blog and thought it’d be the perfect finishing touch for my “bouquet”. I also decorated the backs of all the flowers and added a cotton tail to my bunny. I had a hard time photographing these, so please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for stopping by and Have A Blessed Easter Weekend !


Easter Bouquet Recipe: Stamps- A Good Egg; Paper- In Color DSP (Hostess), Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Pacific Point, Blushing Bride, Concord Crush, Rich Razzleberry, Perfect Plum, Pretty In Pink, Certainly Celery; Ink- Pretty In Pink, Perfect Plum, Pacific Point; Accessories- Wide Oval Punch, Medium Oval Punch, Small Oval Punch, 1-1/2” Circle Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Flower Fusion Sizzlet, Boho Blossoms Punch, XL Scallop Circle Punch, Regular Scallop Circle Punch, 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon, 1” Circle Punch, 3/4” Circle Punch, 1-3/8” Circle Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Big Designer Buttons, Clear Rhinestone Brads, Dimensionals, Wooden Skewers (non-SU!)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...