Friday, January 28, 2011

MDS Friday – Jazzmine stuck

Today’s MDS (My Digital Studio) share is a scrapbook layout I made of my dog, Jazzmine’s, antics. (The journaling is long, so I’ll add the story to the bottom of the post if you want to read it.) I wanted my color palette and layout to be simple since the pictures and journaling have such an impact. I created my own embellishments using various punches. Click Here for a tutorial on creating the Paw Print and Dog Bone.

I love that Stampin' Up!'s traditional punches are available in MDS.  Many of the basic punches are included with the original software.  And newer punches, like the Deocrative Label Punch and the Build-a-Cupcake Punch, are available as downloads for $0.95 each.  You'll notice I used several punches on my pages.  The MDS Punches give my pages a variety of shapes, textures, and patterns.

Check back next Friday for another MDS share. You can also check out mydigitalstudio.net for more MDS information and samples.

Thanks for stopping by, and Have A Great Weekend!


Card Recipe: Stamps- none; Paper- Deck The Halls DSP, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler; Ink- (for journaling) Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler; Accessories- Circle Punch, Small Heart Punch, Square Punch, Modern Label Punch, Jewelry Tag, Staples, Antique Brads

The Journaling:

Here’s how I described the night to my friends in an email:

I was watching TV and playing with Jazzmine. Playing with Jazzmine means I throw her toy into the front room, she gets it, brings it back, and I throw it again. I was pretty engrossed in the last 10 minutes of “Chase” while this was happening. All of a sudden, I hear the most horrible wounded animal cries. Jazzmine was howling, crying, yelping, and thrashing all around. And I couldn't see her.

I ran into the front room, and she's almost laying down, all tangled up with a dining room chair. I figure she's broken her leg or something. I tried to pull the chair away from her, and that's when I realized it … Yep, her head was caught in the back of the chair. She put her head through one of the holes. I was still worried because she was choking at this point. I got her standing and calmed down, then moved her head to a bigger opening so she could breathe. BTW -- she'd started peeing everywhere in her thrashing around. I'm glad she didn't poo!

All is calm. But when I try to push (forcibly because it's tight) her head back through the hole, she "tries to help" and moves too much for me to get it through the one spot where the opening is big enough for her head. And when I try to move the chair, she gets hysterical again.

So I walk her and the chair into the living room, where Roxie is. Tell Jazzmine to sit, get her some water, then call my mom. I ask her if they can come over. She says, "Yes, what's wrong?" I say, "Jazzmine's OK, she's fine … but her head is caught in a chair, and I can't get it out by myself." She says, "Ok, we'll be right there." I reiterate, "Jazzmine's ok, don't rush! Oh, and bring a saw that will cut through a dining room chair." She says, "Ok, we'll be right there." and hangs up.

Now, I tell Jazzmine to stay, and I go get stuff to clean up the front room. I clean up everything, and turn around to walk back to the kitchen (to put the cleaning stuff away). And I see Jazzmine sitting there with her head stuck -- I BURST OUT LAUGHING! She looks so funny!!! I tell her to stay and run to get my camera. I took about 5 pictures. Then I decided I might as well brush her since that's what I was going to do while watching “NCIS”. Hmmm, she's even easier to brush when she's a "captured dog". I brush her and talk to her while we wait for mom and dad.

I left the front door ajar, so they walk in when they get there. And Jazzmine tries to go to them. Yes, difficult while lugging a dining room chair. I get her calmed back down and sitting. Then I keep a hold on her and position the chair just right, while my dad maneuvers her head -- and those BIG EARS -- to get her unstuck. It only took a couple minutes. And she was one happy puppy when she was "free at last".

I told her, "See what happens when you're bad and chew on my dining room furniture. It gets back at you!" She went outside to finish her business. And when she came back in, she gave everybody kisses. She was all happy … and ready to go home with my parents! I told her, "No, bad puppies have to stay with me." So she had to sit at the door and watch them drive away.

We didn't play fetch anymore that night. She was pretty exhausted after my parents left; she just laid beside me on the couch. She did get up to "check out" the chair, though. She walked over to it, and sniffed all around it. I told her you better not get stuck again!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...