Friday, December 17, 2010

Punch Art for Christmas

8 days until Christmas ... Don't forget I'm giving away the “Northern Hearts” stamp set . For each $40 purchase you make from my Stampin’ Up store, I’ll enter your name in the bucket. I’ll be drawing the winning name on Dec 20th. Just CLICK HERE to start shopping.

I want to start by saying these cards were CASEd (copy and share everything). I wish I was clever enough to come up with these ideas. Instead, I'll say a big THANK YOU to all the ladies who come up with the ideas and share them with us. I saw this Mitten idea on Becky Roberts blog quite a while back. It was really simple to make. I added a little sponging to the oval punch where it overlaps the "thumb" (XL 2-Step Bird Punch wing) to give a little dimension.

I'm sorry to say, I do not know where I originally saw the idea for this second card. If it's yours, please let me know so I can give you credit. I only have the name Amy. My BFF, Alice loves Penguins. And I loved the simplicity of the sample I saw. I sponged the White snow with Bashful Blue ink and added Dazzling Diamonds for lots of sparkle. Oh, Alice's favorite color is purple. Needless to say, she loved this card ;-)  And the Dazzling Diamonds qualifies for Stampin' Royalties SR50 "Sparkle" challenge.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for stopping by!



1st Card Recipe: Stamps- Sincere Salutations; Paper- Certainly Celery, Rose Red, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Neutrals Patterns DSP Stack, Certainly Celery Patterns DSP (retired); Ink- Rose Red, Early Espresso; Accessories- XL 2-Step Bird Punch (wing), Wide Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Satin Ribbon, Rhinestone Brads, Dimensionals, thin Vanilla ribbon (non-SU)

2nd Card Recipe: Stamps- none; Paper- Perfect Plum, Whisper White, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie; Ink- Bashful Blue, Basic Black (marker); Accessories- Wide Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Small Oval Punch, 5-Petal Flower Punch, 1-3/8 Circle Punch, Dazzling Diamonds, Northern Flurry Embossing Folder, Elegant Eggplant 1/4 Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Denise said...

Awesome job with the punch art. Your little penguin is adorable. Love the glittery snow. Nicely done!

Denise said...

Oops...forgot to say thanks for playing along at Stampin' Royalty:>))

savvy teaching tips said...

These are adorable. Very cute - and very creative. Thanks for playing with us this week at Stampin' Royalty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...