Friday, November 19, 2010

DSP Only -- MOJO165 and SR#46

Happy Friday! Today, I want to show you a card I created using Mojo Monday's sketch MOJO165 and Stampin' Royalty's recipe challenge SR#46. I like doing challenges because they get me out of my comfort zone. However, these challenges were WAY outside my comfort zone. And when I combined them together, I asked myself several times, "What was I thinking?!"

My natural style is clean and simple without many layers. The more layers, the longer it takes to make a card. I chose the Mojo Monday sketch because I loved all the different shapes together. Thinking maybe I could eliminate some of the layers … well that didn't happen.

Then I added the Stampin' Royalty recipe challenge to use Designer Series Paper (DSP) as the focal point. Now, this is REALLY hard for me. After all, we're STAMPERS, right? My focal point should be stamped. Besides why would I want to layer so much DSP? That's wasting the DSP that's hidden behind the top layers :-) (Yep, I'm pretty frugal.)

Anyway, I'm happy with how my card turned out. Although, I did have to stamp the inside to make up for no stamping on the front. Thanks for stopping by!
 

 
If you'd like to purchase any products, please use the "Shop Online" button in the upper left corner.

Card Recipe: Stamps- (Inside Only) Bells and Boughs, Occasional Quotes; Paper- Deck The Halls DSP, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler (under the glitter), Early Espress, Always Artichoke; Ink- (Inside Only) Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso; Accessories- Dazzling Diamond, Early Espresso 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon

4 comments:

Denise said...

OMG...what a gorgeous card. Your flower is beautiful, and so is your designer paper. Love it!
Thank you so much for playing along with Stampin' Royalty.

Anonymous said...

That is just lovely, great card and thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Royalty this week,
Gardenia

TrishG said...

Very beautiful. I love the way you used the colors.

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

I love it! This is so clean... great use of the DSP! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty this week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...