Monday, May 16, 2011

MDS Monday #14 -- Shades of Blue

Good morning, and welcome to UDI’s MDS Monday Challenge #14 – Shades of Blue. Well, when I think of Blues, I think of the cool Caribbean waters. And that’s exactly what I chose for my project. These pictures are from an excursion to St John in the US Virgin Islands. My pages came together easily with the help of Alesha’s ScrapSketch33. Alesha’s sketches are great because so many are designed as multi-photo layouts.

My left page is completely based on the Sketch. I just added some Trim at the top of the page and my title. Then I used the “Insert Duplicate Page Mirrored” function to start my right page. This ensures the Trim will flow seamlessly from the left page to the right page. From there, I just added a couple more large photos, some embellishments, and my journaling. I know we have some fantastic new downloads, but don’t forget about all the items that come with the My Digital Studio Software. These adorable flip flops are part of the Holiday Blitz stamp set. Don’t they look great with the Basic Rhinestone embellishments?

Now it’s time to check out the inspiring creations from the Design Team members at Utah Diva’s International.



Left Page Recipe: Stamps- none; Paper- Bashful Blue Textured CS, Marina Mist Polka Dot DSP, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White Textured CS, Night Of Navy; Ink- Night Of Navy, Whisper White; Accessories- Square Punch, Tasteful Trim 1, Tasteful Trim 3, Medium Arrow Punch; Fonts- Pea Aimee, Arial

Right Page Recipe: Stamps- Enjoy Every Moment, Always, Holiday Blitz; Paper- Bashful Blue Textured CS, Marina Mist Polka Dot DSP, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White Textured CS, Whisper White, Marina Mist Night Of Navy; Ink- Night Of Navy, Basic Black; Accessories- Square Punch, Tasteful Trim 1, Tasteful Trim 3, Basic Rhinestones; Fonts- Pea Aimee, CK Journaling

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...