Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Parents' Birthday cards

My parents' birthdays are in November and December. I admired a card that Sandi MacIver showed last summer. I liked the card so much I CASEd it for my Mom's birthday card. Then I made several more to swap at the Fort Worth Regional event last September. Great, I'm way ahead on that birthday.

Soon, it got to be November, close to my Dad's birthday, and I didn't have a card for him. I picked up my "go to" birthday set, Party Hearty, to make his card. I love how you can make this cupcake fit any type of birthday card. My Dad is a huge Texas Longhorns fan. (Yes, he's still a fan after the horrible football season this year.) So I decided to make him a UT cupcake, at least as close as I could get to it.

BTW -- I'm working on a Birthday Stamp-a-Stack event for January. Stay tuned for more details as I finalize them.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for stopping by!
 

 
Mom's Card Recipe: Stamps- Inspired By Nature, Sincere Salutations; Paper- So Saffron, Real Red, Vellum, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise; Ink- Versamark, So Saffron (marker), Real Red (ink & marker), Old Olive; Accessories- Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Satin Ribbon, Silver Brads, Iridescent Ice, Scallop Oval Punch, Dimensionals
 
Dad's Card Recipe: Stamps- Party Hearty, On Your Birthday, Cupcake Wheel; Paper- Old Olive, Early Espresso, Whisper White; Ink- Cajun Craze, Early Espresso; Accessories- 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Paper Crimper, Dimensionals

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...