Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Colors mix up -- FTL116 and DCB202

Good morning, I have a funny story that goes with this card. I've told y'all that I'm color blind, right? Well, I chose the Diva Coffee Break DCB202 color challenge using Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, and Concord Crush. And the only Concord Crush I have is from the In Color Hostess pad. The IBC lists the colors included in the pad. I thought they listed them in the order of the pad. Evidently NOT! I brought my card to my friend Janet to photograph. And she had a very subdued response to my card. I told her it was a color challenge; she said they definitely weren't colors she'd put together. She takes the picture and we move on. Next, she's helping me sort through all my assorted cardstock packages and label the colors. We get to my In Color pack, and she says Poppy Parade, the one you used on that card. I said, I didn't use Poppy Parade, I used Concord Crush. She said, you used the wrong color then -- and it doesnD't look good. I guess Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, and Poppy Parade is a color combination I'll avoid! :-)

I have now corrected my card to use Concord Crush. Janet says it looks much better. I hope you like it, too. And the sketch is from Clean & Simple's FTL116. Thanks for stopping by!
 
 
If you'd like to purchase any products, please use the "Shop Online" button in the upper left corner.

Card Recipe: Stamps- Day of Gratitude, Thank You Kindly; Paper- Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Designer Series Paper Pack – In Color (hostess); Ink- Old Olive, Tangerine Tango; Accessories- Top Note Sizzix Die, Paper Snips, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a funny story!!! Thanks for playing along with the Divas! I love your card!!

A Touch of SOL said...

TOO FUNNY! Thank you for playing with the Divas. I love the simplicity of your card...GREAT JOB!
Marisol Gutierrez
DIVA

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I like your color combo and those cute leaves.

Kristin Moore said...

Very nice card... and I'm even more impressed that you are color blind. I don't know how you do it!! Thanks for joining the Diva challenge!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...