The Pizza Box is a great treat box. My box is 2” x 2” square and 1” high. But you can change this to any size you want – just adjust the math to fit your desired size.
- Width (side to side) of your box = box height + box width + box height
- Length (front to back, including top) = box height + box length + box height + box length + box height + 1/16” (to allow the top to easily fit over the base of the box)
My paper measurements are 4” x 7-1/16”
Width = 1 + 2 + 1
Length = 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1/16
Let’s say you want to make a Hershey bar sized box; the Hershey bar is 2.5” x 5” , and you want a height of 1” (to hold at least 2 Hershey bars!). The paper would need to be 7” x 8-1/16”
Width = 1 + 5 + 1
Length = 1 + 2.5 + 1 + 2.5 + 1 + 1/16
Then you just score at all those measurements (except the 1/16)
- Score your paper at 1” on all 4 sides because that’s your height.
- Then with the 8-1/16” side along the bottom of your paper trimmer, you’ve scored at 1”, now score at 3.5” (for the bottom of your box)
- Score at 4.5” (for the back of your box)
- And you’ve already scored at 7-1/16” (for the top of your box and the front overlap, my notch is cut to indicate this front portion)
Finally, turn your paper over so the outside of your box is facing up. Add Sticky Strip to all your flaps. Then remove the liner and adhere each flap to the adjacent side to form your box.
Please let me know if you have any questions.