Thursday, October 20, 2011

Happy Birthday with Best Friend Forever

Good morning! I needed a birthday card a few weeks ago, and I was intrigued by the sample on page 90 of the Idea Book and Catalog. I love the horizontal strip and scallop trim border piece just peaking out. But I wanted to try something new, a different kind of fold. I wanted that strip to be the back of the card wrapping around to the front. And for that piece to be held closed by the butterfly. So I went to work.

I cut my Lucky Limeade card stock to the standard size of 5-1/2 x 8-1/2. Then I used the new “Simply Scored” to score the cardstock on the 8-1/2” edge at 3” and 7-1/4”. That gave me 1/4” for my flap to overlap, plus I’d be adding the Scallop Trim Border piece. And that would allow the Beautiful Wings butterfly to keep the flap closed.

I embossed and stamped the piece of Top Note that I’d be using. Then I used that to determine where to stamp the Leaf image from the Best Friend Forever set. I stamped it twice with VersaMark and heat embossed it with Iridescent Ice. (I told you yesterday that I love Iridescent Ice, and I really do!) The rest is easy. I just adhered all the pieces and stamped the inside.

I was very pleased with how the finished card looked. And the recipient loved it :-) Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for stopping by!




Card Recipe: Stamps- Best Friend Forever, Upsy Daisy, Delightful Dozen; Paper- Lucky Limeade, Naturals Ivory, River Rock, Elegant Eggplant, Rose Red; Ink- VersaMark, Elegant Eggplant; Accessories- Top Note Die, Iridescent Ice, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Simply Scored, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Dimensionals

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...